This is to confirm that the 19th termly "Shambles" Newsletter from The Education Project Asia is now available online
- designed for International School Communities across S.E.Asia.
(but now with a worldwide readership)
It can be viewed online at
Topics this term include:
- New on Shambles : Statistics / Carbon Footprints / Species Extinction
- International Schools Island in Second Life (3D online virtual world) .. new residents
- International Schools "Live" in S.L. (Speakers Series)
- International Baccalaureate
- Personal Learning Network .. Visualisation
- Managing RSS Feeds ... easily
- Conferences / Courses / Workshops ... LOTS
- Librarians and Media Staff
- Mixed Bag ... LOTS
- School Visits .. including Virtual Forbidden City
- Atomic Learning ... special video tutorials opportunity
- Recruitment ... preparing for next terms challenges
- STOP PRESS Items ... LOTS
Please note that one of the items describes workshops I am running in Singapore 17th and 18th November .... public sessions are about "Web 2.0"
including Blogging, podcasting, social networking and virtual worlds details at http://singaporeworkshops.blogspot.com/
Very easy, short sessions to enable you to get up to speed on these Web 2.0 topics.
Use of Second Life (or other Virtual Worlds) by Schools Across Asia ... request for help ...
If you know of a school in Asia that is already using Second Life then I would appreciate it if you could drop me a line.
There is minimal use at the moment (afaik) and I'd like to raise awareness of any ground breaking work so that experiences can be shared more easily.
Newsletters are archived at http://shambles.net/newsletter/
where readers can also subscribe to be included in the distribution list (or take themselves off) or join the RSS feed.
I should be most grateful if you would forward this email to colleagues ...
If you have any items that you think would be of interest to schools across the region or you wish to share an event or project then please feel free to send them to me at email@example.com
The next newsletter will be published 3rd February 2009 ....
I hope you continue to find this useful and of practical help working with your students, school, organisation or colleagues.